|HOME | ABOUT | NEWS | MEMBERSHIP | EVENTS | PUBLICATIONS | BLOGS | CONTACT|
|AILC Conference 2019|
| 3.5.2017 | Updated: 21.12.2018
The 32th International Congress of the AILC will be held in Macau, China in 2019.
The theme of the Congress is "Literature of the World and the Future of Comparative Literature" and focuses on the following subthemes:
1. Conversations across Differences
2. Diverse Languages of Comparison
3. Literary, Cultural, and Temporal (Un)Translatability
4. The Multiple Histories of Comparative Literature
5. Canons, Genres, and Media
6. Interdisciplinarity in Comparative Literature
7. Theorizing the Literary across Cultures
8. World Literature and China
9. Global Humanities from an Eastern Perspective
10. Internationalization of Chinese Literary Studies
11. Immigrant Literature
12. Circulation of Information in East Asia: Journalism, Fiction, and Electronic Textuality
13. The “Sinophone” as a Counterdiscourse
14. Memoir Literature in East Asia in the Modern Period
15. The Obsession With International Literary Prizes: For Whom Is the Reward Important?
The deadline for submitting individual as well as panel proposals is 1 March 2019.
For more details, check out the congress website.